Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wainscoting Love...

Finally finished, and I love my "new" dining room!
Hooray for a hubby who indulged my wish for wainscoting!
And thank you to Decor Chick for inspiring me!
Oh, my goodness, against the floor it looks so impressive.  I love it!!  The fact that it is faux makes me love it more...I like the texture on the wall, call me crazy...
I have plans to hang curtains, but for now, I am pooped and need a break...
and that dinner isn't gonna just cook itself...
This is how the wall looked last Sunday night after hubby and Bubbie built the boxes as mom slaved away at work...remember I had painted it Antique White, thinking it would be awhile...
It involved math...):  Sooo, I guess I'm glad I let him do this part!
On Tuesday, I painted.  I chose Behr Paint plus Primer in a satin finish in "Decorator White" - a soft, but true white.  And yes, I caulked around the boxes first...
I painted all the way down the wall to the floor - and I may go back and touch up the very tip top of the chair rail - when I can stomach the smell of paint again...I think I have painted every room in this house since last August.
Mid-morning..all done with outlet covers and night lights replaced.  Time to run errands...
So, whatcha think?



4 comments:

Decorchick! said...

Gorgeous Gina!!! Look amazing!

Jennifer said...

This looks fantastic! Another ideas I have been thinking about..?

idesign said...

had to come over and see your wainscoting after commenting on mine :) it looks so great! i love it!

Helen Stewart said...

What kind of saw did he use? I am a total newbie and I have no idea what I'm getting into!

-Helen, DIY Pinner