Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Words of welcome

I had a great time shopping the clearance and sale items at one of my favorite stores, Kohl's.  No kidding!  They have good sales, and I find lots of things for my home there.  For example, today I found these vinyl signs marked from $30 to $9!  Yippee!  I have been wanting something in vinyl to pretty up a very plain mirror in the dining room.  And it's unlikely I will ever buy a Cricut...
This mirror belonged to hubby's mother.  It's leaded glass, very heavy.  I would never in a million years repaint it, but adding a little vinyl to it is just the ticket!
I also like the touch of ivy - love the color and look of  ivy.  I know some people don't like fakey plants, but silk leaves and flowers  in the home are OK by me!  Low maintenance and the kitty won't chew on them...
I had to cut the words out and place them on the mirror with tape to get them right where I wanted.  I used a ruler to make sure they were centered on all sides, then off-set them a little.  I wasn't aiming for perfection, but once you put them on, they are on. 
 I love that the gold script accentuates the gold of the mirror and framed prints.
Trust me - it's prettier in person - it's hard to photograph a mirror.  I think it conveys the message I want for my home, especially for the holidays ahead!


No comments: