Monday, September 13, 2010

Ridiculously Simple Banana Bread

I've had this recipe forever - you can tell it's old because the 3x5 card is splattered and oiled and just plain groddy.  But the recipe is great and keeps me from throwing out old bananas that I paid good money for!  Occasionally I will add a little extra something: this time it was butterscotch chips.  You can see them melting and oozing from the top of the loaf:
Firstborn ate the last piece this morning warmed in the microwave with butter. 
It's fair to say he loves this banana bread (:


Ridiculously Simple Banana Bread

Sift:
1 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda

Mix:
2 eggs
1/2 c. oil
1 c. sugar (or less if your bananas are very ripe)
2 ripe bananas

1/2 c. chopped nuts-optional
1/2 c. chocolate chips- optional (I used butterscotch)

Stir flour mixture into banana mixture.  Then stir in the nuts and/or chips if you like chunky banana bread.  Bake in a greased and floured loaf pan in a pre-heated 350 oven for 50 minutes.


Warm banana bread and butter...yuuummm..smells like Fall...




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohh, yummy with Butterscotch...Thanks for the recipe

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Found you via Hope Studios...I love Banana Bread and your recipe looks so yummy. I am sitting here in Virginia with a hot cup of coffee and am patiently waiting for my slice ;-)

Janet xox

Joy said...

Gina, this looks way too good to be "simple"! ;) I love banana bread and am constantly collecting recipes to try. I have pinned this one for the next bunch of bananas! Thank you! :)

Love, Joy
Yesterfood