Monday, September 28, 2026

What the weeks holds and bye, bye broken fans

 I finished out last week by finally getting two ceiling fans down.  In their place are two simple light fixtures that require only 1 light bulb each. Praise. These fans worked well for 18 years so I would say we got our $100 worth out of each one.
And while I was at it, I swapped tables out in my sewing room, because this wooden one is just too big!

This week:
*today is the 3rd anniversary of losing Mom
*MUST arrange someone to come look at rebalancing or replacing my front door, because I think the wood is warped
*selling some estate jewelry
*on call one of the days
*getting a new laptop - I think mine is trying to die
*continuing on with some smallish home projects
*finishing this book 

Hmmm...kind of sounds like a lot, but I am spreading it out over several days!  What does your week look like?


Gina

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved Theo!!

Juhli said...

That is a full week. Hope the door can be fixed and you get a good deal on a laptop. My week is some kitchen deep cleaning, prep for son's family of 4 to stay for 1 to 3 nights as work is finished on their house & possibly help on their move back in day, go to an art show at the rec center, spend time reading some drawing books, & finish my garage cleanup plus miscellaneous life admin.

Granny Marigold said...

I imagine you were happy to see those fans go. Bit by bit it all gets done.

Joanne said...

That does sound like a full week.. I had quite a few things on my list but they all got pushed to next week. We were rear ended Sunday night and so I'm spending my week now dealing with all that and finding a replacement car to drive until mine is repaired.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

It must feel nice to get the fans out and new fixtures in! It sounds like a lot but it's good you are spreading it out. I liked Theo but not crazy abou it like so many were.

Kim said...

You've got a lot in your agenda! I was so happy when we got rid of our fans, too. I should've kept the blades for DIY, but it didn't dawn on me at the time. We lost power this weekend, so I'm still catching up on things. It's crazy how many tasks involve power or the internet these days.

kath001 said...

I can't live without ceiling fans. Not crazy about the look, but have to have air blowing on me the majority of the year. I was just trying to think if we ever use the lights on them, and it is pretty rare that we do.