Friday, July 17, 2026

The summer week I am not sad to see end

It was "one of those weeks", a mix of tying up some loose ends and working on future projects.
Reba's in Giddings

A trip to Brenham was made, with a stopover at a restaurant in Giddings that a friend and I used to meet at for lunch.  Sometimes Mom and I went here, too.  Their new location is BIG - a space where a furniture store used to be.  Mom and I bought her little loveseat here many years ago after she moved to Brenham.  She would have enjoyed this burger - we did love being Ladies Who Lunch.
the burger and fries were amazing

I got many things done this week, including:
*met with Mom's executor one last time
*bought groceries and did errands
*cleaned the front door area and transom window
*enjoyed martinis with The Girl
*set up the mower maintenance and tree-trimming
*got my CEU's loaded into a new system
*caught up on book club reading
*and barely cooked!

I tried not to think too hard about how final this last trip to Brenham felt.  Saw Mom's house - it looks nice and the new owner is happy there.  Next week will feel challenging too, as it makes 5 years since we lost Mark. July feels a little hard right now.  But like I told a friend, I know it won't feel this way forever.
Happy weekend!


Gina

9 comments:

SAM said...

I can see why the week is happily behind you. You got some of your tasks crossed off too, so you made the best of it. I can imagine the coming week is a hard matter as well.

Juhli said...

Glad there were fun and refreshing things done as well as emotionally harder ones. You are amazing at getting so much done.

Joanne said...

Aw, I'm sorry you've had a rough couple of weeks. That burger does look amazing. I splurged and had one when we went out to lunch on Wednesday and it tasted amazing.

Pattie Tierney said...

It does sound like a tough week I have found that I simply cannot revisit the shops and restaurants that I used to go to with now gone family members.

Cat said...

I hope the next week won't be too hard on you. Maybe you can do something nice for yourself to help you getting through it.

Granny Marigold said...

You got a lot done in spite of everything. Hopefully the coming week will be easier.

Ur-spo said...

May the next week go better.
I cannot remember when I last had burger and fries, I miss them so. I wonder how expensive they are nowadays.

Jennifer said...

Heavy weeks. And back to back. Thoughts and prayers with you...

Kim said...

I'm sorry that July is such a tough month. I hope that August brings your more joy. Hang in there...