Friday, January 5, 2018

5 thing Friday - eating out, plans to sew, puzzles, plans, Teddy

Early in December, Hubby and I visited this cute restaurant that we always pass on the way to Highland's - Cafe Twenty Three Hundred.
I had the catfish, he had the chicken fried steak.  The place was decorated cute - lots of  mismatched wood chairs and tables, wood planked or metal sheeting walls, and the food was filling and service friendly.  I read a couple of bad reviews about the place since then - but really, we enjoyed it a lot.
 
My sister and I are checking in on my mother more often.  The week before Christmas I took a ham lunch from Central Market, and we moved her ferns indoors, cleaned up the front room, and set up her quilt frame, among other chores.  Note to self:  when I get some down time I need to sew some pretty homemade placemats like these.
 
Puzzles were the rage at my house over Christmas.  I got three of them from Dollar Tree and they were HARD.  So, I mod-podged them to keep forever.  Now just need to decide what to do with them.
Hubby and I decided to fast-track our plans for Highlands beginning this month.  Up next to do:  buy a trailer so we can start gathering big trash for the next dumpster delivery.  In the winter, you can more easily see the stuff that needs to be gathered because the vegetation dies back.  It's amazing some of the stuff we noted when we visited last.  We've owned the property 15 months now - we discover something different every time.
Teddy will be vising us until the busy season ends for The Girl.  I'm sure both of them will be overjoyed come March first.  And either Hubby and I will decide we can't wait for a dog of our own, or we'll know for sure it'll have to wait.



No comments: