Friday, October 6, 2017

5 thing Friday - art, food, wine, bug bites, nails

A co-worker sells these pretty painted canvases on Etsy, and I bought two of them for The Girl's birthday.  The colors go great in her room!
I'm thinking I may help her put together a collage wall, but for now, they are sweet above her nightstand.  They have shades of mint, burgundy, blue, copper...so pretty!
 
I always forget I own this cast iron grill pan - since I've been off weekends it seems like we don't grill much.  This pan makes it seem like we do.  I "grilled" pork chops in it and they were so tasty!
 Healthy eating:  Sweet potato with spinach and asiago.
Unhealthy eating: Belgium waffle with strawberries and whipped cream, not to mention eggs and bacon...
 Likewise: Chicken fried steak with hash browns and eggs.  I laughed when the waitress asked Hubby what kind of toast and he said "I guess I'll try to be healthy and have the whole wheat.  He ate only one slice of it.  We have got to start doing better - my cholesterol is back up.
An hour or so spent at a winery with a cheese plate on a Sunday is never a waste of time.  So relaxing!  recently we have talked about whittling down our wine clubs.  
This one stays.
Something else I brought home from Highlands last weekend - chiggers.  I find myself scratching them until they open, and that's so terrible, not to mention painful.  I have been slathering hydrocortisone over them in hopes of helping with the itching.  I will not be deterred from wearing flip flops on my hill - I just need to spray myself with deet more often and especially my feet.
I went back to the nail salon I visited a month or so ago.  I'm really loving the look of my nails with polish and the pedicures are so great!  It's the little things in life, right?
Happy Weekend!



2 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Ooh, that sweet potato and spinach dish looks great!

Jaybird said...

It sounds horrible, and smells worse, but if you dab the redbug bites with ammonia they will leave their new happy home!! It also helps with the itching. I am terribly allergic to them and this is what my old doc told me to do!!
Your food all looks good...yum!!
Blessings,
J