Friday, September 4, 2015

Freezer Meals Lucky #13

The latest edition of freezer meals weren't exactly frugal.  But in the fall, I am all about comfort and good dinners and a break from takeout and beans.  So, enjoy these exceptional photos of about an hour's worth of freezer meal prep (and clean up) after a busy day at work and about an hour and a half of back to school grocery shopping.  HEB was a mad house...
Crock Pot Ranch Chops
I used 5 thick cut pork chops, coated in a packet of dry Ranch dressing mix, put them in a big freezer ziploc and dotted with 1 stick of butter cut into cubes.  To be cooked on low, 6-8 hours.

Italian Spinach Chicken
2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
2 c. Italian tomato sauce
3/4 bag of frozen chopped spinach
To cook 6 hours on low, then add 8 oz. cubed cream cheese and cook 45 min. more.  Serve on noodles or rice.

I also made Tuscan Turkey, which is not pictured, but very delicious!
2 lbs. bone-in turkey breast
1 can diced tomatoes
1 pkg. sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 each olive oil and red wine
1/2 t. each: garlic and onion powder, oregano, basil
S&P
Crock it on low, 6 hours.  Serve with linguini.

Ranch BBQ Chicken
2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
1/2 c. each Ranch dressing and BBQ sauce.  Cook on low 6 hours.

Crock Pot Beef Tips
2 lbs. stew meat
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkt brown gravy mix
1 beef bullion cube
1 c. wter
1 small onion, chopped
**I forgot to buy the gravy for this so I subbed ranch dressing mix - notice how we love that.  I also added another chopped onion for a total of two.  I ain't scared.**



Brown Sugar Chicken
I put 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs in the gallon zip loc and add:
1 c .brown sugar
1/4 c. OJ or Sprite
2/3 c. vinegar
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 T soy sauce
1 t. black ground pepper
To be cooked on low 6 hours and serve with ramen noodles or rice.

c
Easy BBQ Pork Roast
I put a pork roast in a gallon ziploc and added 1 c. worchestershire sauce, 1 c. brown sugar, and 2 T. pork rub.  I will cook on low for 8 hours, then shred and drain off extra fat.  I'm thinking we will eat this as sandwiches on a football game night.

I also made Taco Joes, and breakfast tacos for Bubbie for band practice mornings.  Even so, my freezer was still in very good shape.  I'm thinking of buying some freezer bins at Container Store to make it easier to pull part of the collection out and choose a dinner for the crock.  I'm eyeballing these:

They look easy to clean and I like the built-in handle.  




1 comment:

Rue said...

All of those meals sound great. Where were you when my kids were in school and I needed easy dinners? lol

Have a great weekend, Gina!

xo,
rue