Friday, June 6, 2014

5 thing Friday - distractions, pastries, pest control, Keeping Calm, chicken

Scout graduates from high school this morning, and I am trying to stay distracted so I don't tear up all day long...
 I will have had 5 glorious days off from the horse pistol, and much as I love my job, it is a welcome break...I may be a little tuckered out on Sunday, but I will have had a much-needed rest from it.  And time to hang out with my family...(:
 Last Monday, a box of goodies from this bakery made their way into my hands.  Don't worry, I shared!  That was the best banana bread I have ever eaten.  Ever.  This is Hubby's fav place to go get coffee when he arranges meetings.  
I am so tired of squirrels, I can't even tell you.  I added chunks of rocks into the potted plants around the outside of the house and am moving this owl around as a visual scare tactic.  So far, so good.  The little pests!
 Something I should chant to myself daily as I seem lately to be unable to hold it together at the slightest hint of trouble.  Yes, I am becoming a fragile old lady.  Over-reacting is becoming my thing.
 Chicken wrapped in bacon, cooked, drained, then topped with BBQ sauce and cheese and simmered.  YUM.
My favorite Photographer/Scout/Graduate/Guitar man.  
How did you get grown?  
I blinked.





1 comment:

Brandi said...

Congratulations to your son! My daughter graduates next year. Squirrels are so annoying. They have a good time digging up my plants. Someone told me to try sprinkling cayenne pepper around them, maybe I should buy a plastic owl!