Monday, September 21, 2009

Her 18th Birthday


When The Girl was born, the midwife said she had a "special presence". We knew we had a treasure of a little girl; sweet and sensitive, smart and competitive. I tried to hang onto my little girl as long as I could...Well, it came and went.....the birthday that was supposed to make an adult of her in a sudden, magical way, and guess what? She's the same special girl though maybe a bit more aware of how time is passing and how really big changes are yet to come. She is not afraid of the future, she's had a secure and loving past. I was so proud of how she chose to celebrate - she included me in a trip to donate blood, then we had a great lunch together, chatting as buddies. What an awesome way to say thank you for the gift of a healthy life for 18 years - I couldn't have been prouder of her!  Friends and family helped us celebrate in the evening and all of them expressed love for our smart, beautiful girl.
Growing up way too fast...



No comments: