Friday, May 11, 2018

Pork and Peppers Crockpot

This is a good crockpot dish, well-suited for cool weather months, since it makes a sort of stew.  {But that didn't stop me from fixing it this week!}  You can put this together the night or day before, like I did, then just dump it into the crockpot the next day.
Pork and Peppers
4-6 boneless pork ribs, cut in half
1 onion, chopped chunky
2-4 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
2 bell peppers, cut into big strips (I used several small ones)
1 can diced tomatoes, with juice
3 T. Worchestershire sauce
1/2 t. thyme OR Italian and parsley seasoning
Place the ribs in a container with a lid, and salt and pepper them liberally.
On top of that place the onion, garlic and bell peppers.  Then mix the can of tomatoes with the Worchestershire and seasoning, pour it over the ribs and replace the lid, give it all a good shake and put it into the fridge.  Meal prep for tomorrow done!
The next morning,  put it all into the crockpot and set it for 8 hours on low.  I also made a pot of rice, then merrily skipped out of the door to work.  (sort of)
There were exactly two servings left when I got home!  This makes a lot of juicy stock type sauce - if you wanted it thicker, you could coat the ribs with flour and brown them a little, first.  Or, drain the tomatoes.
But we like ours juicy, spooned over some rice in bowls.  The house smelled so good, our tummies were very happy, and I had another serving of it for a lunch this week!




1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Years ago, and I’m talking probably 30, back when I was married to my first husband, we had dinner at the home of friends, and they served us the most delicious Portuguese pork dish. All I remember about it, other than that I loved it, was that it had pork and red peppers. Seeing your recipe made me think about that night. I am printing this out and giving it a try. Thanks for the yummy recipe, and fond memories.