Friday, June 3, 2016

Summer reads

I'm not going to pretend here that I'm some sort of literary guru who can tell other people what the most interesting or enlightening books are to read this summer, but I made moiself a little list and also updated my Goodreads page.  The stack pictured below is currently in my bedroom's cozy reading chair, waiting to be finished:  In a Sunburned Country, The Weight of Water, Freud's Mistress, The New LifeAfter the War is Over (Nook), and The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k. I also have The 100 year old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared somewhere around here...
And here are the books I have ordered for summer:
The Pursuit of Happyness 
Before I Go to Sleep
A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet)

Outlander

The Other Me
******
It's been rainy here for so many days in a row that I have resolved my untanned self to getting some serious page turning done.  Amazon had a good deal where you order $25 worth of books and get free shipping, and since I couldn't find the titles I wanted at Half Price Books I just went ahead and ordered them.  I may have to give the stitching a break for now, though I have a set of pillowcases about halfway embroidered. 
What about you?  Got plans to read over the summer?
Happy first weekend of June! 





1 comment:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I've read Before I Go To Sleep and LOVED IT!!! Such a quick read - you'll be done in an afternoon I'll bet. I also loved Outlander and had such high hopes for the series but didn't like the second book and now I'm sitting on all these books I don't want to read!