Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Burritos with Chili

Last week I asked Bubbie to give me suggestions for what he wanted for dinner - it's tough to think of new things to make sometimes.  Turns out he wanted a tried and true recipe for a semi-homemade (OK, well none of it is homemade) dish of burritos smothered in chili with lots of cheese.  And since it's not yet too hot to use the oven I agreed!
This is not a diet meal.  So stop reading right now if you are counting calories....

Burritos with Chili
8 small freezer burritos
1 can chili no beans
1 small can tomato sauce
fresh chopped onions (mine are a mix of green and white)
2 c. grated cheese, your choice

 Mix up the chili and tomato sauce.  taste it to see if you want to add more garlic, cumin, salt, etc.
 Lay your frozen burritos out in a greased 9x13 dish and grate up about 2 cups of cheese.
 Pour the chili over the burritos, top with cheese and onions...
 ...then bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.  I have a dish of frozen corn in there, too.  I topped it with a couple tablespoons of butter, a little salt, and a smidge of water so the corn won't scorch.  It will be ready when the burritos are.  You could also do a salad if you feel industrious.
You could top them with a little sour cream or guacamole or cilantro.  I sometimes do that, but I was just feeling lazy that night and was lucky to remember the corn.  This one is a hit at my house - there are never any leftovers!




Shared with Hope Studios

1 comment:

bj said...

this sounds amazing and quick...great recipe