Monday, May 7, 2012

Mealplan Monday #7 and a window plan

Today is all about moving The Girl back home.
And, since I'm still taking extra hours at work, it looks like I won't
finish up that den curtain project any time soon. 
I got the drapery hooks up, and Hubby is eyeing them suspiciously
I was hoping that all he would notice was that I scrubbed
the cellular shades, cleaned the windows, and vacuumed spider webs
from waaay up there.
No such luck.
I think the ladder was a giveaway...
******
Monday -Crock Pot Roast, mashed potatoes, green beans with bacon
Tuesday - Orecchiette with Sausage and roasted peppers, zucchini
Wednesday - Slow cooker pantry chicken stew, pull apart rolls
Thursday - Aloha Pork Chops, rice, carrots
Friday - Cafe Rio chicken soft tacos, cheese, pico, guacamole
Saturday - Dad grills
Sunday - Pizza, salad - mom too pooped!
******
The Girl has one request for Monday dinner: home cooked food.  Drat.   I was hoping to get away with ordering a pizza, and serving a chopped salad of romaine and tomatoes. The next best thing is the crock pot roast - easy and wonderful.  I can make the masheds homemade as they are fairly easy, and I will saute up some bacon to cook with frozen green beans.  With any luck, we will be full of roast by 8 p.m. and having a hard time keeping our eyes open...zzzzz



3 comments:

momto8 said...

When my kids come home I want to go out and celebrate...they want to stay home and celebrate while I cook...I know what you mean! have fun! your menu sounds great!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Of course she wants her Mom's homecooking! That just proves what a good cook you are! Looks delicious! Angie xo

Calypso In The Country said...

If only I could get myself to plan a week's worth of food, I would feel so much more organized! I have to try a couple of those recipes since I am in a recipe rut lately. Thanks for stopping by recently. Enjoy having your daughter home!
-Shelley