Monday, September 21, 2026

The butterfly

 My butterfly is still healing (even after two weeks), and its devilishly hard to take my own photo of her:
I never realized how freckle-y my arms are!

She was a whole adventure.  
I scheduled the consult. Cancelled the consult. Rescheduled the consult. Made an appointment for the tattoo itself. Sent photos to the artist who did not receive them. Went to the appointment anyway. We consulted again, then I got tattooed for two hours. Developed skin irritation all around the Tegaderm. Ran a fever - developed tattoo flu. Spent a lot of time on my couch. Had a mild(ish) anxiety attack. Kept her protected with Aquafor.  Went to work as usual at the end of the week. Oof. I think I am done with this experience now and I do love her, but I was not prepared for that roller coaster.
Sometimes I go into these "projects" with a little too much confidence, but I expect the best anyway!


Gina 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Be diplomatic but keep it real, I'm open to suggestions...