Monday, September 19, 2011

Letting Fall inside....

I've resigned myself to thinking we will never actually get Fall around here.  
Yes, the trees are changing colors - but mostly from 'green' to 'dead'.  We can pretend we're looking at Fall outside but really, it's dead...and bone dry, too.
However, on the inside I can have Fall on my mantle!  
I purchased a silk Fall spray at Michael's, but the rest is stuff I already had:
I think I'm just going to leave this mirror up here permanently - I love it.  And I hate re-hanging, and patching and painting new nail holes.  I added that sun I found on spring break at Goodwill, painted with ORB spray paint.  It's not an artsy mantle - just simple.
 
The candle holders were a bargain from Kohl's, the smallish pumpkin is from Walgreen's, and the larger monogrammed one from Hob Lob.
I considered changing out the family portrait I took many Falls ago...but it's one of my favs.  It stays.
I figured while I was at it I would clean the fireplace out, vacuum the screen and bricks, remove the Wii controller basket and the floor pillows that had lived on the bricks, too.  I like it so much better clean and de-cluttered!  I think that's gonna be my holiday decorating mantra - clean and de-cluttered...
Whatcha think?



Shared with:

and:


3 comments:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Your mantel looks lovely! Awesome job! Angie xo

Jennifer Juniper said...

It's the perfect mantle to usher in fall...if it ever comes to you!

Sarah said...

The monogrammed pumpkin is cute! I know what you mean, it seems we miss a lot of the fun of fall where I live, too.