Friday, December 2, 2022

5 thing Friday - birthday dinner, prosecco, tree trimmin', Santa coaster, temptation

One of my longtime friends from college collected me the Sunday before my birthday and took me to Brewtorium for dinner.  We split a brat and a buffalo chicken schnitzel sandwich and dipped our fries into garlic aioli.  I enjoyed mine with a pumpkin spice beer.  So good and so fun to spend time with her!
A bottle of prosecco gifted to me by my neighbor made a nice way to start Thanksgiving morning!  Breakfast wine, yes please.
We had a very nice Thanksgiving, my peeps and I.  It went by soooo fast.  The next day I pulled out all of the ornaments from years past that I wanted to use and got to work on the tree.  Here it is in very low light.  That's just how it is in the front room - super cozy.
Scout came over while I was adding ornaments and we listened to Vince Guaraldi while he baked me a pumpkin loaf.  A very peaceful start to the Christmas season and it was so nice seeing him two days in a row!
The Girl came over on Sunday for our weekly dinner and brought me this cute Santa coaster that she crocheted.  We enjoyed turkey noodle soup, and boom! the weekend was over.

I haven't bought myself anything other than basic items for a couple of years...but things pop up in my Insta feed that seriously tempt me.  Yes, I would love a new purse with Peanuts on it!  These by Coach are too pricey, but super fun.  I can see where people get into spending trouble over the holidays trying to buy happiness.  Its hard not to treat yourself as you are shopping for others, right?  But I am pretty proud of myself for resisting, and also for finishing up 99% of my Christmas shopping by the end of the day last Sunday, within a budget.
Happy 1st Weekend of December!


Gina

No comments: