Friday, August 16, 2019

Summer bucket list update

My bucket list was, admittedly, pretty lame.  But I did post it for myself and I did do quite a few things on it and REALLY, is there any point in assuming summer will end anytime soon in Central Texas?   This has been the hottest week we've had all summer!  I have loads of time left.  So here's where I left it:
******

*make time to read daily
Yep - finished at least 3 books
 
*start up walking again (this will have to happen in the mornings) Nope
*dinner and a movie at Alamo Drafthouse (saw The Dead Don't Die)
*see a concert  
Going to see the B52's next Thursday - SO EXCITED!!
 
*help Bubbie get ready to leave for college (we are planning on spiffing up his room, too)
Check this one off
 
*take a vacay, even a mini one, somewhere, ANYWHERE - still waiting...
*take a random day off of work here and there and thrift shop
Done.  And found a couple of books to read - win win
 
*set up a sewing area do some sewing sorta
Not exactly sewing, but I did re-cover Bubbie's bulletin board with clean, new burlap and pretty new upholstery nails
 
*get started on the kitchen spiff by hiring someone to cover the wallpaper with textured wall   Not yet
*meet up with my friend Carol for a girl's day  Not yet, but seeing if she can meet me at Saddlehorn on the 23rd
*visit The Girl in Houston  Fail
*get an Adirondack chair for the backyard and sit back there with a magazine or glass of wine!
Done.  And I have sat out there an contemplated Life with said wine a couple of times
******

I've done other fun stuff, too, and this coming weekend we are hosting a family BBQ at Camp Rustown and possibly visiting a new to us winery.  So, lots of summer left to go on this Bucket List...





1 comment:

Kim said...

Excellent! I still haven't made a list for summer, can you believe it?? I think I need to get busy. Quick!!