Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Gathering college supplies

I'm a little less stressed now over Bubbie's move to San Marcos, in part because he is registered for his classes and has a great place to live!  But also because I was able to (thriftily I might add) start gathering up some supplies for him.  I took my 30% off coupon to Kohl's on Monday night and scored BIG.
I know that its likely that Kohl's raises their prices to make the sales look good, but I was able to find just about everything he needed for the bedroom and bath.  Most of it was on clearance or on sale at 50-65% off, PLUS the 30% off PLUS an extra $10 off on a home furnishings purchase AND I earned $35 Kohl's cash.  So all in all, I saved $300.  And I can use the Kohl's cash to get him a couple of pairs of shorts.
I bought a comforter, a full sheet set, mattress pad and protector, towels, and a shower curtain.  A quick trip to Wal-Mart on the way home from Kohl's finished off what was left: shower liner and rings, waste basket, pop-up hamper, and bath rug.  So now all of that is grouped in the Lounge in boxes and bags, waiting to be double-checked and loaded, along with things I had accumulated the week before.
 Including this galvanized stuff I got on clearance at HEB.  A cute tray for his Keurig and coffee supply to live on his dresser, a star to hang in his bathroom, and a caddy for toothbrushes and shave supply.
We have a master list hanging on the fridge.  Some of the items he already has and will have to be gathered from his room at home.  And like I did for The Girl, I will spiff up his space at home giving it a good cleaning - I even have a project or two planned!
We're almost there - baby bird flying from the nest, adulting ahead...



No comments: