Friday, July 19, 2019

5 thing Friday - Bent Oak, nostalgia, parking WTF, sunset, cookies

A couple of weeks ago, Hubby and I went to a club pick-up at one of our favorite wineries.  We never stay too long at these things, which is a shame, as they do prize raffles and we always miss out!
 But they always have delightful wine and a fun food truck or two, and they are fun folks!
Hubby joined the Texas State Alumni Association when he and Bubbie toured campus.  Had I been there I would have put the squash on that as we will be sending them loads more money very shortly.  But I did enjoy getting this retro keychain with the name of the university as it was when we graduated.
 I noticed this sign one day as I was hoofing it from the far end of a very full parking area (said situation will only get worse as the hospital is going to build another building at the current parking lot site).  I found this slot to be ironically empty.  I don't know why I was surprised at all - neither my boss, nor his boss, ever gives anyone is their departments any positive feedback or kudos AT ALL.
Sunsets at Highlands are lovely.  What you can't see in this photo is swarms of no-see-ums and flies that were pestering us and landing in our glasses of wine.  Plus, it was easily 98 degrees and there was a cacophony of locusts.  #countrylife.
HEB finally gave up on this limited edition flavor of cookies, marking them down to three for $3. (please buy three of them! they may as well have said).  I found them to be tasty but they left a weird "hot" sensation in my mouth.  If you scoop out the filling, the mango flavored cookie is quite nice, tho.  Worth every penny of $1.



No comments: