Friday, February 15, 2019

Valentine's re-cap and sad news...

 OK, first the re-cap!
I bounded out of bed around 7 all ready to BAKE.  After I made dinner for my peeps (and put it in the fridge in individual bowls, yo), I cleaned the kitchen up, then made some yummy cupcakes and set them out with pretty napkins.  I know they are all men and they don't care one bit about it.  But it made me feel good.  If I think too hard about how all of my sweet peeps are off doing completely different lives without me it makes me very sad so I DON'T THINK ABOUT THAT.
Secondly I made this amazing dip for work.  I very very very loosely followed  a recipe for "Million Dollar Dip" adding in cream cheese for some of the mayo and it was AMAZING.  Basically it is cream cheese, mayo, colby-jack, bacon, green onions, garlic, lemon pepper, smoked paprika, and worchestershire.  I served with Ritz crackers for my work peeps!  Other than that, Valentine's Day passed without incident.
OK - sad news...
Hubby was given a laundry list of bad news yesterday afternoon about the state of his health.  I feel very personally responsible as I buy and prepare the food.  (cupcakes I am looking at you) I cannot control what goes into his mouth, but I can damn sure control what I buy and prepare. And I count myself as being in it with him.  
Let the war begin.



1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh boy, we are revamping our diets, too...too many sweets and treats lately.