Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Weekend re-cap: Getting 'er done while on call

Most weekends when I am on call, I make a list of things to do around the house to keep me occupied.  A lot of it is stuff I put off just for that occasion, so I let this list grow a bit, knowing I will get to it.  I feel like I made a huge dent in it this time around!  So in no particular order on Saturday I started out by:
*Popped a turkey in the oven
*Stacked up the stuff for "big trash day", swept out the garage, stored the rest of the Christmas lights
*Took a bunch of stuff to Goodwill then stopped inside the store and bought some books for me
*Stopped by Walgreen's for some small first aid items we needed
*Bought firewood and appetizers for a late afternoon snack on the patio
*Vacuumed my car at the car wash
*Took a couple of toy bins from Scout's closet out to the garage
*Gathered up all of the tax info we've received so far, did a bit of filing and shredding, cleaned up my desk
*Updated the semester agreement for Bubbie, and the college notebook which has the FAFSA info and receipts (yes! Got the FAFSA done!)
 *Changed up the wreath on the front door and the arrangement on the table in the back (using stuff I already had!)
 *Straightened up my decor stash
*De-boned turkey and stored the meat and broth
*Scooped Teddy poop
*Watered all of my plants and moved a few out into the sun (the olive tree did not die after all!)
*Changed sheets on our bed, gathered up some things to iron this week
*Took loads of stuff out to the recycling dumpster
*Prepped breakfast for Sunday
 *Took a firepit break to discuss dinner plans with Hubby
 In which we ended up going to Bent Oak for a while...
 ..which was crowded with people having a great time, but still pretty relaxing.
And after that, we grabbed some fried chicken to go and headed over to 4th Tap to play cards and have beer with our dinner.  It was an early night for us as I, for one, was tired.  But...didn't get called in.
The next day I:
*Made overnight French Toast and some bacon for breakfast
*Did a couple loads of laundry
*Prepped dinner, fixed myself a burger for lunch as Hubby had run up to Highlands
*Mopped all the floors, steam cleaned the carpets
*Watched a movie while I did laundry
*And there were probably other small things I did that I just don't remember...
Then I took a break around 5:30 p.m, thinking I had managed to avoid being called in to work.  I lit a pretty candle, built another fire in the firepit, and poured a beer.  Then the phone rang...
So, off to work I went for a little under two hours, then came home, cooked dinner, cleaned up the kitchen, and went to bed.  A little tired, but ready to start the week.
And tomorrow is Hubby's birthday so I really need to get cracking on that!




2 comments:

Angela said...

Wow, you got a lot of stuff done over the weekend. I always make a big to-do list and then I end up getting two things done.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

You are Wonder Woman! Doesn’t it feel great to get so much accomplished? You must feel fantastic right about now. You really got a lot done. What an inspiration!