Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Weekend re-cap: Camp Rustown, Highlands, TNL, Oskar Blues, Celis

Last week was rough at work, so I was reeeeallly looking forward to three glorious days off.  I want to say I made the most of them - I think I did.  I felt rested by Tuesday, and ready for work.
On Saturday we planned a BBQ rib feast for Firstborn, complete with ribs, BBQ beans, jalapeno poppers, fries, and birthday cake with ice cream.
I hope he never tires of cake decorated with M&M's and fat candles!
I'm betting that 29 is his best year yet!  Live your twenties!!!
For most of Saturday we putseyed around the house and I ran an errand or two.  We ordered pizza for lunch and also enjoyed the firepit.  
Nothing earth-shatteringly exciting and just perfect.  
The next day we got up early and headed to Highlands.  We had a load of various things to to take up there but zero projects planned.  We found a cute restaurant in Liberty Hill to have a giant breakfast of biscuits, gravy, sausage, and eggs.  Then we lazed the afternoon away until around 4 p.m....
 ...and headed to Torr Na Lochs. We had planned to have one glass, but got sucked into the firepit area with a full bottle and some friendly folks.  The day before, the winds were kind of ridiculous, but on Sunday it was mild and only slightly breezy...
I'm a sucker for firepits.
On the way home we noticed the moon rising {which Hubby later admired with the neighbors since I could not stay up for that}...
...and a beautiful, distracting sunset.
The best pics I got from a moving truck!
The next day I went to Brenham to see my mother and take her a lunch.  I would call it a so-so visit, as she seemed a little testy and had two projects for me to do which took all of 5 minutes. Some visits are like that...Hubby texted me that he was leaving work early, so we decided to do a Monday Funday Happy Hour!
First stop was Oskar Blues, and we sat outside to enjoy the glorious weather.
I love these giant garage door style windows that open onto decks where folks can sit outside.  {Taking note of such things for Highlands}  The day was young (5 p.m) so we decided to hit Celis as well.
Celis has one of my favorite beers - the oatmeal stout. 
Hubby had something that was "chocolate".  We probably could have skipped dinner after our beer run, but we enjoyed some tilapia at home and called it a day.  This week I am working the late shift on Friday and on-call for the weekend so I can play catch up with mini projects I've been meaning to do.  And when I blink next, January will be close to finished!




No comments: