Wednesday, January 9, 2019

January clean sweep: the bedroom

I finally got both Christmas trees down - one to the curb on New Year's Day, the other to the garage yesterday.  While that doesn't seem like a huge feat, I assure you, it was no walk in the park.  Along with storing the Christmas decor I purged some as well.  Then I had to sweep.  And mop. Yada yada yada.  And that same refresh and purge thing followed me into the master bedroom where I made some changes.
All of the furniture got thoroughly dusted and cleaned, as did the carpets.  I moved things OUT of this room and am enjoying the empty spaces - the one above was once home to a basket of magazines I hadn't looked at in over a year.  Now I'm thinking that's a nice spot for a faux fiddle leaf fig.
The furniture is a pain to dust and clean, which is why it only happens a couple times a year - so many grooves and details on it.
And while this room will never win awards for being Pinterest worthy - I definitely need a new dust ruffle and comforter, and some curtains would be great - its clean and bright.
I moved a lot of clutter out of here - Hubby's guitars, those aforementioned mags, the alarm clock/radio I rarely use, the kids artwork, some packaging from last Christmas! that was stored under the bed, and two panes of glass that were night stand toppers (one being chipped badly)...
I set up my essential oils diffuser on my nightstand, dusted those floating shelves,
...washed sheets and remade the bed.  And it was so nice to come home to on Sunday evening!  Next stop: the den.




1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Your bedroom looks great! I had to laugh about the comment about your having a basket full of magazines that you haven't looked at in a while. Is that a thing, because I have the same basket with what are now vintage magazines. LOL!