Friday, January 4, 2019

5 thing Friday - cider, stack ring, cards, flannel sheets, Christmas storage

Hubby and I took The Girl to a few places while she was here including Fairweather Cider.
 
We enjoyed a Common, Tejano Dreams, and a Smell the Van.  I envision us visiting them a lot when the weather warms up, although they were selling hot cider as well.  Cider isn't what I expected.  Its not sweet and has a refreshing feel to it.  Me likey.
One of my fav Christmas gifts was a stack ring to wear with my birthstone ring.  Its the James Avery Renaissance band and I love it for all of its vintage-y detail.  So pretty!
The Girl and I played cards so often and so loudly that no one else wanted to play...and mostly she won.  She's fairly competitive - she didn't get that from Lazy Me.  Oh, and we also enjoyed some great wine.
The after Christmas sales  are easy for me to resist - except at Target where they have the prettiest flannel sheets.  I paid $18 for a new queen size set and I LOVE this print.  Flannel sheets are so wonderful in the winter!
 Mischief managed!  
Christmas decor whittled down to three tubs (not counting the kids' tree stuff which is its own collection in ONE tub)  I was reminded by Kathryn at Do It On a Dime to purge again this year as I stored.  I had done this before, but for some reason, Christmas decor seems to multiply...See the empty one at the top?  It figures prominently in my plans for clearing out the guest room closet!  Now I need to haul some things to Goodwill...



No comments: