Friday, January 18, 2019

5 thing Friday - canoe, den, Firstborn, beer, kid art

A couple of weekends ago, we trekked down to the creek to make sure the canoe was still safe and sound - and it was.  However, we think we might have it a little to the left of the actual property that we own, judging from survey stakes that have popped up on either side of the creek.
So that means we may need to move it a bit.  But I doubt that it will be an issue.  You can't actually build down there so its not in anyone's way.  And we need to take it out on the water soon - its been sitting here since last spring.
Taking down the kids' Christmas tree always morphs into moving the couch, sweeping and mopping the entire den, wiping down the couch, and just generally refreshing the room.
I haven't done any real decorating in here for ages.  Other than adding some rustic floating shelves above the couch, switching out some pillows, and losing those sconces I can't think of where to get started. This weekend I will refresh the mantel, though.
My first little potato tot was born this day 29 years ago.  Here he is with his Nana - she though he was the most amazing baby and was smitten with him.  Its sad that he does not remember her, but a little bit of the love she poured into him is still with him.  Happy Birthday, Spencer!
 
We may take him out for a beer on Saturday - Hubby and I are still enjoying visiting breweries.  We still love wineries, but beer is easier on the budget and doesn't give me as much regret...
I pulled all of the kids' art from under my bed when I did the bedroom refresh.  It wasn't really an effective long term storage solution anyway.  Instead of having it in a couple of plastic bags, I bought an under the bed storage container that is long and low.  {Funny how those storage containers take up so much of Target's real estate after Christmas!}
Perfect.
Sorry, Marie Kondo...I cannot let go of all of it yet.  Maybe never.




1 comment:

bj said...

Happiest Birthday to your son. I am blessed in the fact that all my grands are grown (well, one just had her 17th b'day) so they will remember me...and they all will remember their Granddad that passed almost 2 yrs ago.
I need one of those under the bed storage...I have lots of letters and drawings from my kids and grands that I will keep forever...