Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Weekend re-cap: on call, El Chilito, Adelbert's, Cafe Java, Fall!

We stayed pretty close to home on Saturday and Sunday since I was on call  7a - 7p.  This always makes Hubby kind of grumpy as he had no one to take up to Highlands - the boys were otherwise occupied.  I reminded him more than once that my job was kind of crucial to our finances... 
On Saturday we ate lunch at El Chilito.  While the tacos were very fresh and delicious, and the service was great, they are kind of pricey.  (Maybe we are getting spoiled by the cheaper version of eating out in Burnet...)  It was hot outside, but they had shaded picnic tables.
I did a lot of catch-up around the house:  cleaned the oven, took a load of stuff to Goodwill, washed my car, worked on the filing pile on my desk, cleaned bathrooms, wrote my mother a letter*, ran to Wal-mart, set out some fall decor.
I'm loving the natural look for fall decor - I want to rid my house of the orange-y pumpkin-y stuff.
In the evening we visited a brewery that was suggested by a friend at work.  For $15 each, we got a flight of 6 half pours and a glass to keep and bring back for $2 off future pours.  We enjoyed some fish and chips from the food trailer outside, and some live acoustic guitar. I'm sure we will visit again soon!
They, like the other breweries we enjoy, are in a metal industrial style building.  They featured art for sale from local artists, and had darts and a giant Connect Four game.  We stayed until 9ish then ordered pizza to take home to the boys. (aka other people who live at our house)  On Sunday, it was much the same, but I got a little bit more done after we ate the breakfast "special" at Cafe Java.  {We decided that breakfasts out are waaay too overpriced in Austin, same as lunch!} I got called in for a short time and Hubby decided to fire up the grill.  Scout and Dutch came over for some delightful baby back ribs, potato salad, and bacon-y green beans. Everything was so good and I fell exhausted into my bed at 9 p.m. and slept like a rock.  
******
And now since we've had Labor Day, it's officially Fall in my opinion!




*You may think snail mail is old-fashioned, but as my mother says, checking the mail and finding a letter from someone is like finding treasure - its the first thing she opens!

No comments: