Friday, July 13, 2018

Five thing Friday - rainbow, plumbing, snack mix, easy summer meals, My CPA

Last Saturday it rained while the sun was still out - very freaky when that happens.  Our reward was a gigantic rainbow. Not to mention the rain itself!
At one point it was a double rainbow.  I had parked at HEB in just enough time to snap a pic of it, and people were coming out of the store to do the same.
Hubby and I worked on getting water to the inside of the barn last weekend.  We really have got to stop trying to do these types of things in this heat.  It was brutal.  But soon we will have a sink in there and a faucet closer to Mabels' door.
I made taco snack mix on Tuesday night.  I don't know what possessed me to be so industrious - I was super tired.  But the boys will all enjoy snacking on it.  And I feel like I barely make them treats anymore.
I also made Ham Salad for dinner one night - it was so good chilled and served on warm toast. This is a little different than the batch I made before - I added chopped poblano pepper, red onion and pickle relish, along with chopped celery.  So crunchy and delish!
Please excuse the blurry pic of The Girl's new profile for her job - she has passed all of her CPA exams and the ethics class so she is a full-fledged CPA!    She sent a note with this that said  "Look what we did!".  I cried with happiness for her and her(our) monumental achievement - she has always made me so proud.  I knew my girlie would do whatever she set out to do!
HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH!



1 comment:

Simply LKJ said...

The heat is brutal! That snack mix sounds yummy. And, congrats to Chloe...quite an achievement!!