Friday, July 20, 2018

A day off is nice

My schedule at work is such now that I don't have quiet, FULL days to putsey around my house, doing errands, the odd chore here and there, and just "fluffing the nest".
So, on Wednesday I took a mental health break from work and did some things I had been meaning to do, but just haven't found the time. 
 I got my first (in a series of two) shingles shot, picked up some air filters and a couple of tee shirts at Wally World, did some sewing repairs, threw a couple loads of laundry in,
 dusted our bedroom and put the new-to-me quilt out that I got last time we visited Brenham,
 wrote a couple of letters, watered my fig tree, and vacuumed and washed my car.
 Hubby worked late, so I even ate dinner with Bubbie:
Which only ever happens on Sundays...If I blink,  I miss him on the daily.
It was a nice day - a reminder that I am lucky to work, but even luckier to have a weekday off now and again.




1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Taking a day off is indeed good for the mind and soul. Good for you! You did get a lot of things done, and isn't it just the BIGGEST fun to add new bedding!