Friday, June 22, 2018

5 thing Friday - breakfast, movie popcorn, jewelry contest, backyard view, Mojo Pork

 I've been really good about not eating breakfast out on my way to work lately.  We have plenty of food here, I just need to give myself 10 minutes to put something together and eat it before I get dressed to go.  My favorite thing to do is add egg and cheese to two waffles and eat it like a sammie.
But one morning I used up a too ripe banana, some peanut butter, and some chocolate spread.  It was divine.  It's such a long time until lunch (3 p.m.) so I really need to make time for eating breakfast each day!
Large popcorn for one, please.
I have a thing about popcorn - I could eat it every day.  I took myself to see The Incredibles 2 on Monday.  I wasn't the only single lady there eating popcorn, fyi, and the movie was just "ok" but the Pixar short made me shed a tear.
My favorite jewelry store is having an Instagram giveaway this summer.  There will be two winners every week for a $250 gift card and you can enter as many times as you want.  I posted this blurry pic on Instagram as my first entry, but I will take a couple more.  How great would that be to win?!  I always have a long list of things to want from James Avery.
The view of the backyard from the den is much improved with the new deck.  I still haven't planted new grass, but I may wait til Fall.  Still, I love looking out there now.  And those bamboo blinds are still my favorite thing.
Tonight The Girl is coming home!  We will take she and Firstborn to Bell Springs for the pick-up tomorrow and eat delicious snacks, but for tonight I made Mojo Pork in the crock pot to have as tacos.  It called for fresh orange juice, lime juice, cumin, garlic, and oregano.  Smells so good!  And now that the crock pot is going, the house is clean, and I am dressed, it's off to work. TGIF!!



1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Popcorn sounds SO good! I really need to make it more often. I have actually been stalking one of those popcorn makers that works in the microwave, drizzling butter over the corn as it pops.