Monday, May 14, 2018

Mealplan Monday #193

Monday - Cobb Salads with grilled chicken and gouda
Tuesday - Taco Night!
Wednesday - Stuffed Shells* (freezer) with broccoli/cauliflower
Thursday - Crockpot of beans with pork ribs, corn muffins*
Friday - Skillet Chicken and Rice with peas
Saturday - YOYO
Sunday - Chloe's Turkey Chili, Fritos and queso
*seems like full-blown summer here already, so oven cooking will take a backseat to the stove and crockpot after this week!
******
Recently, I bought a large package of boneless ribs, just so I could have extra pork for a pot of beans!
 I cut the ribs in half (I had about 4 of them), seasoned 'em up...
 ...heated some olive oil in my skillet...
...and seared them on both sides. Then I put them into a big ziploc and into the freezer.  I will rinse pinto beans, then add the frozen pork chunks to the beans in the crockpot, cover it all by about 2 inches of water, and cook on low 8 hours!



2 comments:

Brandi said...

I think it's great that you plan your meals ahead. I wish I was better at doing that.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Always inspired by what you do, I am edging closer to developing a meal plan for the upcoming week. At this point, I have meals listed, I just need to pick and choose what I want for the upcoming week. The trouble is, even when I do plan a meal, some times I find I’m not in the mood for it, or just too tired to fix it. Hope springs eternal, however!