Friday, May 4, 2018

5 Thing Friday - trailer, landscape spiffing, rain, muffins, weekend

The trailer we bought to help clear Highlands is going to come in handy - among our spring projects are removing the backyard BBQ area pavers from Rustown and taking them out to the barn to make a patio, dismantling the deck and taking the wood elsewhere, taking the smoker out to Highlands, and moving things out of the barn in advance of finishing it out.  A truck's work bed can only hold so much.
 So I'm glad Hubby bought this and I think he got a good deal on it.
Last week I finally got around to working on the yards a bit at Rustown.  I went through the front landscape beds with a rake and pulled out dead leaves and such.  Aerated the existing mulch and added new mulch.  Trimmed out some stuff, etc.  I plan on moving Sugar's stone to the front beds.  I don't want to leave it behind some day...
 
Thank goodness for rain.  Hubby has still not turned the sprinkler system on and some of those front shrubs were suffering!  I'm sure the lantana will be full of blooms by next week, and I have plans to replace some sod in the front and back (maybe this weekend?), and though I am not fond of driving through it, having a bit of heavy rain is so great.
Everyone here has greatly slowed down on eating fresh fruit and I HATE tossing bananas most of all.  So I mashed a couple of over-ripe ones and mixed them into chocolate chip muffins for a breakfast option that makes the house smell so cozy while its raining.  For the apples that are getting wrinkly, I will make an apple pie, maybe tomorrow.. 
 
At some point this weekend I fully intend to lay in my lawn chair on my hill with a glass of wine.  Its been a week of feelings - tired, annoyed, stressed...Hubby and I both need an attitude adjustment. TGIF!



Gina

1 comment:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I love muffins, chocolate chip in particular, but I never would have thought to add a mashed banana. What a great idea! Despite the best of intentions, I always seem to find myself with bananas about to go off. Thanks!