Wednesday, March 14, 2018

More gore

No apologies for this one.  You were warned in the title...
******
Mostly good stuff happens up on our happy little hill we call Highlands.  And most weekends are a good mix of relaxation and hard work.  But last weekend we might have overdone it a little bit on the hard work part.  We pulled on our snake boots Saturday and got to town, moving big trash (like rolls of steel fencing and steel poles sunk in concrete chunks) and chopping through cactus (like prickly pear and stick cactus).  Hubby mowed, I moved rocks and all was well until about 2 p.m. when we quit for the day and I noticed my heel was very tender.  Fast forward to Sunday and I could not walk in my boots the pain was so bad, so I ended up working in my moccasins. (we still have a lot of trash to collect, but its looking so much better up there!)
 On Monday, I put a blister bandage on it and padded it up for work.  It still hurt pretty bad, but I made it through my shift, but when I pulled the bandage off, the top layer of skin came with it.  Cue sad music.  After work yesterday I bought bigger bandages and antibiotic ointment, then when I got home, I sprayed it with hydrogen peroxide spray.  NOTE TO SELF:  never do that again.  I think my heel might fall off.  It hurts so bad I am stuck at home today, shoe-less.  Hubby and I are still pretty tired and sore, still picking stickers out of my hands (even with wearing leather gloves all weekend), and still having to readjust to the time change. It promises to be a loooong rest of the week...



3 comments:

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Ouch! Looks terrible... hope it gets better soon! Leticia

Simply LKJ said...

Ouch. I feel your pain sweet friend. I had an accidental fight with a kitchen knife Sunday and ended up with 3 stitches in my hand. And, hubby had to have a few skin biopsies on Monday. We look like the walking wounded. Praying it heals quickly.

Kim said...

Oh goodness! Put your feet up if you can and take care of that. Feel better!!