Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Art exchange

One of the ladies I work with makes some beautiful art with acrylics on canvas.  I commissioned her to make a couple of them for Dutch and she such a great job!  You may not be able to tell from the photo, but there are streaks of copper in there, along with iridescent blue, some turquoise, and that fresh green.  There are a set of two 11x14's, and two smaller 8x8's.  I think Dutch will love making a collage of them on her walls, maybe along with some of her own photography!
 I can't wait to see what she thinks of them - they are stunning in person.
As a thank you for doing that during such a busy time of the month, I finally finished stitching a little something for my artsy friend.  {The real Corgi is in the background giving her approval}  She really liked her artsy gift, too, and it occurred to me that I really need to make time to do more of this - being creative helps stave off some holiday stress and homemade heartfelt gifts are so great!
Only a few days left to go until Christmas, and I am almost ready.  Time to put stitching aside and get to making cookies!




No comments: