Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Morning at Highlands

Last Saturday we spent the night at Highlands, after a whirlwind day in Hamilton , visiting a cute winery and eating great BBQ.  Hubby slept in, but I made a pot of coffee and settled myself in a chair to see what might wander past our hill.
This was my vantage point just outside of the barn.
Sure enough, after a few minutes something very quietly came into view.
And paused, looking around.  So I sat still.
Then a friend of his/hers appeared - maybe a mated pair?  Gray foxes!  And they couldn't care less that I was snapping phone pics.
Because they were nosing around the woodpile for small rodents or bugs, I guess.
I wish Scout had been here with his awesome camera and telephoto lens.  At one point they noticed me, but didn't run.  Just kept milling around the area, getting closer.
Until one of them sat over by the swing.  A pretty good size fox, I'd say.  Not one bit worried about me.
Hubby was annoyed he missed it.  But I think our foxes have a den on the fence line behind the barn, so I'm sure they'll make another appearance.  After he poured his coffee, we went on a morning walk.
Making our plans...
I spy the pergola, and a tiny bit of the barn.
Time to go cook a bit of breakfast..
...cause the day is well underway!




2 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

Oh wow. There are often red foxes down in the fields near our swim and tennis. They aren't quite as friendly. Especially to the neighborhood dogs.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Now THAT's the way to start a day! Beautiful!