Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Tortellini and Ham Pasta Salad

I found this recipe and thought it sounded perfect for a summer meal if you add a little chopped ham or chicken.  And the colors are so pretty!
Even though I am the main one that likes pasta salads, I thought my peeps would enjoy it because of the ham and the tortellini.  In any case, its getting blazing hot here and salad nights are going strong!
 So here's my version, adjusted for our tastes and what I found at HEB!

Tortellini and Ham Pasta Salad
1 pkg dried tortellini, cooked in boiling salted water for about 12 minutes, then briefly rinsed and cooled
1 boneless ham steak
1 16 oz container of cherry or grape tomatoes
1 jar fire-roasted red peppers, drained
1 pkg Knorr pesto sauce, prepared and cooled
S&P to taste
In a large bowl, chop the ham, tomatoes, and red pepper.  {I halved the tomatoes, but diced the other two items} Gently stir in the tortellini gently, then pour the cooled pesto sauce over it all, salt and pepper it, then gently stir again.
 Chill until ready to serve.  This pasta salad can also be served at room temp, but be sure to let it sit in the fridge a few hours to soak up all of the seasoning from the pesto sauce.
Stir well before serving!
I served myself some for my lunch at work, sprinkled with parmesan cheese, then replaced the lid, gave the container a good shake, and dug in.  It was the perfect combo of fresh and savory.  A keeper recipe for summer!





3 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

That is one thing I miss being gluten and dairy free. I have a tortellini salad recipe that was perfect for summer, but sadly we can't eat it any longer.

Kim said...

I love pasta especially when it's served up like this with other stuff! Yum...thanks!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

This looks yummy and easy and I am trying it! I have been attempting to do the whole meal prep thing so that healthy lunches are already prepared and ready for grabbing. This sounds like it would make an excellent addition, and I do love pasta salad! Great post.