Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Wednesday Menus #11 and Organized Home Challenge update

Picking up again on the OHC - Weeks 9 - 11; Laundry room, laundry schedule, and cleaning schedule.  My laundry "nook" stays fairly organized.  It's so small that it has to!  I keep a basket on top of the dryer that has shirts and such to be ironed.  About once a week I pull out 5 things to iron.  That keeps the pile small. 
I also have a tension curtain rod up in here to store the extra hangers. And above that is a pants hanger with socks that have lost their mates. 
I've also streamlined the products I use: soap pods, bleach, liquid softener, and dryer sheets.  When the weather warms up to Hell on Earth, I will bust out the clothesline on the patio.  I don't really follow a schedule for laundry, I just try to stay on top of my hamper.  I let the boys do their own thing and it's WONDERFUL.  I change sheets out every week and I wash all the towels, but that's not such a big chore.
******
Wednesday - Crockpot Mexican Chicken, rice, black beans
Thursday - Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet (recipe soon!), salad
Friday - Papa Johns to the rescue...
Saturday - Dad grills
Sunday - Pomegranate Beef, homemade masheds, freezer veggie
Monday - BBQ Turkeywiches, sweet potato oven fries
Tuesday - Sausage Spinach Bake (recipe soon!), carrots
******
As for a cleaning schedule I try to give myself time off from home chores as much as possible on Saturday through Tuesday, mostly just straightening here and there.  After work on Tuesday afternoon I grocery shop.  Kitchen gets cleaned daily - otherwise UGH.  Trash and/or recycles go out on Tuesday.  Linens get washed on Thursdays, along with floors and carpet.  Friday I give the bathrooms a once over.   For other chores I make myself a list of things I want to do/clean/organize on Wednesdays and I get to it!  Week 12 on the OHC is morning and evening routine.  Since that's about to change with my new hours at work I will just post a "plan" - I'm sure it will be a work in progress...



No comments: