Monday, November 16, 2015

Getting ready for the Refi

One day last week we had Camp Rustown appraised.  We are refinancing to get a better rate - still leaving the mortgage at 15 years, which is where we would have been anyway.  I talked Hubby into it.  He didn't feel like he had the mental energy or time to deal with it.  But I know the main work is getting all of the documents together, and since I am the one who files everything, that wasn't an impossible task.  And if we can skip the December payment, then have our payments lowered by $200 a month, then hot dog, let's DO IT.
The day of the appraisal I cleaned like a fiend.  I cannot have a stranger come into my home and take pics of a giant mess!  Plus, it needed to smell nicer, frankly.  And I have to say, last week this house was the cleanest it has been in months - inside and out.
I can only do so much on short notice - hopefully the deck in sad shape, the recently patched ceiling, the dying grass, the shifting driveway, and the bathroom floors that desperately need replacing won't mean we get appraised for lower than what we expect.  We have a lot of work ahead of us to get some things done around here.  But, isn't that always the case?




3 comments:

Simply LKJ said...

it never ends does it? I spent today cleaning top to bottom, or rather bottom to top...wanted to be sure the downstairs got done as I am hosting bunco tomorrow. Priorities. LOL I have spent the past several weeks just weeding out. It feels good to go into the holidays with not so much stuff and a clean house. Hope it all works out for you.

Brandi said...

Good luck with your re-fi. Nothing like, company's coming to get us in the mood to clean.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

I do agree, there are always projects. Good luck with the re-fi.