Friday, May 15, 2015

Mother's Day 2015 (recap)

 (I'm sorry, internet, the pics are not getting better)
 So, Mother's Day was fun.
 I was actually at work, but as you may know, I am happy to be back at work in general.  Nothing worse, for me, than being stuck at home.  And I mean that sincerely.  I have had a job since I was 15.  And there have been very short periods where I was between jobs.  But nothing like 5 months worth.  So.  We had plenty of food to snack on all day, and the work load was light.  Yay, job!
When I got home, Hubby had prepared a FEAST.  Yes, I think he should have made the "kids" help out.  But quite possibly, he enjoys cooking alone.  He fixed: Bacon wrapped and grilled scallops, Bacon "striped" grilled salmon, potato lasagna, sauteed kale, and jalapeno beer bread. Oh. My. Goodness.
The Girl came home and brought me a painting she'd done. (of a bridge in Waco) LOVE IT.  And Hubby put together a tub of gourmet sauces and cookies and schtuff - random, but so nice.  Included was wine from Flat Creek.  So I immediately opened the Super Texan and sat admiring my painting until dessert...
...which was vanilla ice cream, hot fudge sauce, almonds...and a soft bed.  zzzzz.....
Hard to believe its Friday already! Hubby and I have a Happy Hour to attend, then it's back to the 40 hour loop.  Is is just me, or does this month seem to be whizzing by?




No comments: