Monday, March 2, 2015

One Pot Spaghetti

I'm not sure if I have ever posted this recipe - if I have, I can't find it....I made it a couple of weeks ago and was reminded of how good and simple it is.  And even Bubbie, who groaned that we were having spaghetti, ate a big plate of it!
One Pot Spaghetti
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
29 oz chicken or veggie broth
1 can tomato paste
1/2 t. oregano
salt and pepper to your taste
7 oz dry spaghetti, broken up a little
grated cheese

Cook the beef in about a tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat until it's about halfway browned.  Add the chopped onion and cook about 3 or 4 minutes.  Add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes.  Schooch the beef over to the side of the pan to create a "hot spot".  Add the tomato paste to the hot spot and cook a couple of minutes, then stir all well.  Add broth, oregano, and salt and pepper and bring it to a boil.  Add uncooked spaghetti, stir, reduce heat and cover.  Cook on low for about 15 minutes.  Uncover and top with grated cheese, if desired, and let sit a few minutes.
I set a cannister of grated parmesan out for everyone instead of topping it with cheese in the pan - you can do it either way.  I also seasoned up some peas with a little butter, salt, pepper, and a smidge of bacon fat while the sketti was cooking.  An easy dinner, and the leftovers are great the next day, too!




Shared with:
http://www.thecountrycook.net/2015/03/salmon-patties-weekend-potluck-160.html

1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Gina. I am so glad to come across your profile on the blogger and know your family too. I am from Mumbai, India all the way from the other part of the world but the Lord has connected me with you and your family with purpose. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 35yrs in the great city of Mumbai, India a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poroest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults f rom the Wess to come to MUMBAI to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have your young trown up children to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. MY EMAAIL id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you. God's richedst blessings on you. God willing I will be coming to States in the month of June and will be so glad to stop by your place and share with you more about the ministry we have in the slums of Mumbai amongst poorest of poor.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails