Monday, December 15, 2014

Mealplan Monday #141 and crafting

 I love doing crafty stuff at Christmastime, but I can't go shopping lately, so I make do with what I have. Case in point: I made another of those little "trees" out of a paperback.  Last year I used a Reader's Digest.  But I think I like the black and cream effect better with a paperback and there are more pages.
You can't quite fold it the same way you do the magazine, or it won't be tree-shaped.  My first attempt looked like a weird geometric object d'art.
So I added in a fold and it worked out better.
I topped it with a scrap of holiday ribbon and it was done.  Even with limping back and forth to my craft stash it was easy and helped me focus on doing something fun.

Monday - Meatballs in BBQ sauce, masheds, spinach
Tuesday -  Baked Chicken and Stuffing with gravy, fresh broccoli
Wednesday - Skillet Beef and Beans, salad
Thursday - Chicken Taco Soup
Friday - Fish filets, sweet potatoes, cabbage, rolls
Saturday - Going to Waco
Sunday - Turkey a la King on toast
Dessert will be birthday cake from the freezer

There are things you can order on-line to create a craft at home, if you are willing to pay postage or order the minimum amount.

All I needed for this pampering gift was grocery type items, and I had Hubby Pick those up.  This project was simple to do and it will be very soothing! 
It includes this essential oil that smells of orange, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. {Go here for the project instructions} 


Gina

Shared with:
http://hopestudios.blogspot.com/2014/12/tutorial-tuesday_23.html

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Love your little tree! I've never seen something like that before! Such a great way to recycle.