Friday, October 10, 2014

5 thing Friday - brinner, their band, shabby-fying, our band, ladies of Wal-Mart

Brinner is a beautiful thing...
 ...especially when it includes homemade sausage gravy over biscuits, skillet red potatoes, and chickie eggs from Brenham.  YUM.
At the recent AISD Band Jamboree, the Texas State Bobcat Band thoroughly entertained us - what a show!  I was very impressed.  I think I went to one game the entire time I went to school there.  My bad.  I should have gone, if for nothing else besides the band.
Eat 'em up, Cats!
  The lamps I painted black seemed one dimensional - so I shabbied them up a bit with sandpaper. I'm still glad I painted them - they were so blah.  I think I may have already mentioned that.
Last Friday, our high school band got to practice their socks off all week learning the rest of the halftime show, suffer through heat and humidity with Fall marching uniforms on, stand at the end of the field and watch the entire visitor band show, then march right back up to the stands.  No marching tonight, apparently.
All because of dumb old lightening.  And we barely got any rain out of it.
I visited this lady for lunch and to change out her smoke alarm batteries, then we enjoyed a tour of the vitamin, pet supply, and bakery of her local Wal-Mart.  Living on the edge.  That's us.




No comments: