Monday, July 7, 2014

Mealplan Monday #118 and a pretty carved wood plaque

See that space above the TV/stereo cabinet?  It has always bothered me.  It's such a weird little space.  So blah.  (Gosh I love having the TV closed up - everyone go read a book!)
 But a couple weeks ago when I found that vinyl sign I put in the master bathroom, I also found this carved wood plaque - and I knew it was the perfect size!  It has such pretty detail and the color is a dark espresso brown which is perfect in here.  
It was $80, marked down to $23, and I got a further discount making it less than $20, PLUS I earned $10 Kohl's cash to use later (which I did, buying Firstborn a mattress cover).  Gotta love Kohl's and their sales!
******
Monday - Chinese take out
Tuesday - Crispy Coconut Shrimp PoBoys, sweet potato tots
Wednesday - One Pot Tortellini and Sausage, kale
Thursday - Pub Burger on homemade pretzel bun, kettle chips
Friday - Herb and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Thighs, roasted carrots
Saturday - mom p/u dinner on her way home
Sunday - BBQ Bacon Spinach Chicken Breasts, braised red potatoes
Dessert this week is a trip to Culver's...
And, tho it's mainly just Scout and The Girl and me at home, (with occasional Firstborn) I still have recipes I really want to try and we all have to EAT!
******
  I had to move that TV/stereo cabinet and clean up a bit, then squeeze a step stool in there and get Bubbie to help me center it.  I used my push pin/nail routine: hang it with a push pin, stand back and look at it, remove pushpin and hammer in a nail.  Done.
 I like it.  And it only took 17 years to get something up there...




No comments: