Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pretty new lamp for less than $20!

Remember this guy?  He still comes around when there are grilled burgers to be had...
 Firstborn moved into a different apartment recently.  One that might be a little shabbier, but easier on his budget.  So, I am determined to help him feel comfy there.  Two of the main things he needs are lighting and a microwave.  We bought the micro for him as payment for working on Hubby's car.  And the lamp I got a great deal on by doing a little thrift shopping.
 I bought the base at Savers for $13 - brushed nickel and in mint condition!  Then across the street at another thrift shop I found a pristine shade - $6.  All I needed was a harp and finial.
 I  had these at home, just needed to spiff them up a little to match.
 I found some silver spray paint in the garage and got to it.
 This finial is brass and goes to another lamp I still own, so he needs to hang on to it a while!  I will try to find him one that more closely matches his new lamp, but in the meantime:
It's a fairly basic lamp that will "go with" most of what he already owns.
 Spiffy!
Next up I want to help him find a small loveseat and some light-blocking curtains.  So, more thrift shopping is in my future this summer!




No comments: