Monday, June 16, 2014

Mealplan Monday #115 and Summer reads

Searching for stuff for Firstborn's apartment netted me a few things for my own abode:
 A pretty basket. silk tie for hubby, a hole punch for Bubbie, a full package of incense, and two novels to add to my stash.  I think I spent about $4 on these items.  It was the same day I found that pretty lamp and shade.  I'm getting pickier about what I haul home from the thrift stores - it has to be something I can put to use fairly soon.
******
Monday - Clean out the freezer (leftovers?)
Tuesday - Chicken Cacciatore, sketti, peas
Wednesday - Jamaiican Rice and beans, salad
Thursday - Baked Mexican Tilapia - Garlic Green Beans
Friday - Chicken Sausage Skillet, rolls, salad
Saturday - Dad grill
Sunday - Cafe Rio Chicken tacos, guacamole, beans
******
I'm all about the library as a great resource for reads, but I love to take my time with paperbacks.  Plus, I like to pass them on to the "library" we have at work, or to my mother.  Looks like I have some evening reading time to catch up on...
My plan is to finish this stack long before Summer ends!




1 comment:

Dee said...

I have a stack of books that I need to read, too. I just picked up two from a yard sale over the weekend so I can't wait to start reading.

You know, as much as I try to plan meals for the entire week, it just never happens for me. I always end up planning day by day. It seems a lot easier to do it your way, though.

Have a nice day... :)