Monday, May 5, 2014

Mealplan Monday #109 and Spring Cleaning outside

I'm doing a bit of Spring cleaning outside of the house.  It's taking me a while to get it all done, but I'm making progress.  My poor potted plants didn't get the love they deserved over the Winter, but some careful pruning, feeding, and watering and they are thriving.
They've been living outside of the garage for about a month, waiting for me to move them to shadier places when I get the back patio cleaned up.  I have removed the hard water deposits on these pots before - but I was just too lazy this time around!
******
Monday - (freezer) Mediterranean Pork Chops, green beans, garlic toast
Tuesday - (freezer) Indian Meatballs, rice, carrots
Wednesday - Turkey and Spinach Bake, corn*
Thursday - L.O.Easter, rolls
Friday - Chicken Lazone, masheds, zucchini
Saturday - Dad grills
Sunday - Lasagna, peas (we never ate this week before last)
Dessert this week is Chocolate Chip Brownies
*I'm subbing turkey breast that I will cook in my mini crock pot
******
Last week I troweled the Lantana beds to remove leaves and aerate the soil, removed excess old mulch, pulled weeds, then re-mulched lightly and watered.  They are going gangbusters and this week they are in bloom! 
I'm so glad we replaced the grass here with Lantana.  It's drought-resistant and is beautiful for most of the year.  Every time I admire it, I think of The Girl helping me with this big project - wonder if she remembers, too?





1 comment:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Love your green plants Gina! We had some flurries in the air today...and I am so done with winter! I hope you have been well and Happy Mother's Day! Angie xo