Friday, December 13, 2013

Target Dollar Spot Ornament

For years I have bought my kids each an ornament each Christmas for the kids' tree.  When they turn 20, I stop - that's 20 ornaments per kid, over 80 total some day!  The little tree looks so sweet with all of them - each one reminding me about that Christmas with my kiddos.  This year, I have only two to buy and I had $3 ornaments picked out at Tarjay, then reconsidered.  Three dollars isn't huge, but $6 for two?  They were little more than package tie-on's even.  My little voice, said "think of something else" and as I passed by the Dollar Spot section, I did!
 
 These little wooden snowflake photo ornaments are $1 each.  Not bad...
I bought two of them, then came home to dig through my button jar for cute little buttons.  Hey!  There are jingle bells in there, too!
A few buttons and some hot glue later, I had colorful snowflake/star photo ornaments.  My mother would have a cow if she knew that some of these antique buttons were glued on to an ornament.  They came from a dress she made for The Girl, so long ago.  She made me promise to keep the buttons before I handed down the dress, but she didn't say I couldn't use them elsewhere...
I think they came out so homespun looking - a good use of buttons and extra school pictures in my opinion! Oh, sweet Scout I do love this photo of you!
Merry Christmas, boys AND little vintage tree!
 Happy Weekend, everyone!
Twelve more days til Christmas!





Shared with:
http://hopestudios.blogspot.com/2013/12/tutorial-tuesday_17.html

1 comment:

Jane B. said...

That is so fun! Gotta love the dollar store ;)