Monday, December 16, 2013

Mealplan Monday #89 and making merry

I like putting stuff together for my co-workers and my hubby's, too.  A couple Sundays ago I took a tray of hot coffee and cocoa into work.  A few people we never see stopped in and shared a cup before their day started.  It was nice.
The best way to enjoy a packet of cocoa?  Mix it with hot water AND a smidge of evaporated milk. Top with mini marshmallows!  We love having this as a bedtime treat at my house.
******
Monday - Honor Scout Dinner - mom to escape to Panera
Tuesday - Gilled Pepper Jack Cheese sammie, butternut squash soup
Wednesday - Leftover Thanksgiving - Shepherd's Pie
Thursday - Pot of beans with leftover grilled pork, cornbread
Friday - Chicken Curry, couscous, peas
Saturday - Dad grills (Elgin sausage and spicey sweet drums)
Sunday - Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup
Dessert this week will be COOKIES!
******
I've been a baking fool.  I made several different types of cookies this year and sent some with him to the office - on this tray are Cinnamon Wedding Cookies, Gingerbread cookie Bars, and Christmas M&M Oatmeal Cookies.
I might have sampled a few for my breakfast.  I approve.
In the freezer are the ones I am sending to family and friends: Cinnamon Pretzels, Toasted Oatmeal Cranberry, and more Gingerbread Bars.  It's almost time to finish all that up and focus on my dear ones.  Next week is Christmas and Bubbie's 15th birthday!




No comments: