Monday, December 9, 2013

Mealplan Monday #88 and a parade!

The Saturday after Thanksgiving there is a Chuy's Children Giving to Children Parade.  I have never been to it before because I am always at work and Hubby has taken the kids.  But this year, I got to go!  We found a parking spot over by the Capitol and walked only a few blocks over...
I don't know why I can't get my people to all smile for the camera - mostly it's The Girl who won't smile for me.  I will rant about that in a future post, I'm sure.
Downtown Austin is nice - lots of modern buildings mixed in with the old, lots of tree-lined streets, cool shops.  It's a booger to drive and park down there, but there is so much to see.  We are waiting for the parade to begin...I hear drums...
******
Monday - Dr. Martin's Mix,corn
Tuesday - Buffalo Chicken Pasta, salad
Wednesday - Slow Cooker Beef Stew, rolls
Thursday - Grilled Cheese and Ham sammies, butternut squash soup
Friday - Mom and Dad out
Saturday - Dad grill
Sunday - Slow Cooker Maple BBQ Beef, mashed potatoes, green beans
Dessert this week will be those Gingerbread Oreos bars I made for Hubby's office - so good!
******
Look, it's the band! Bubbie is in there somewhere...  "Louie, Louie" seems to be the only song they play in parades.
When the crowd yelled "spin!" the walkers holding the balloons did just that.  It was fun.
There was a little something to appeal to everyone - StarWars fans included.
I even saw the hospital's transport team truck.  It reminded me I was glad to have a Saturday off to go to a parade -it was good to get a break!  And hey, guess what?  I think I will post five times this week... 



No comments: