Sunday, December 22, 2013

Last minute decor, and a mini tour

I've been wanting to spiff up the backs of the chairs in the dining room.  I want to make Christmas Eve dinner something special and memorable - why not make is beautiful, too?
I made these chair tie-on's completely out of stuff I already had.  My goal was to spend most of Sunday relaxing.  I think I did good!
I used the rest of the natural burlap ribbon from Michael's that I already had, some jingle bells (from Webelos Woods), and some snips of garland and florist wire from my stash. 
Each chair got a little swag and I have some green woven chargers and sweet napkins for under the clear dinner plates.  The house also got tidied up.  Wanna see?  Here's a mini-tour:
The tree this year is so pretty - just now stopped sucking water, which means I can leave it up til Friday, Jan. 3rd.  That's when my mother and a sister will visit - may as well enjoy it at least until then.
Such a cozy place to hang out.  
This is where we sip coffee and open gifts on Christmas morning.
This is one of the ornaments I ordered this year - the Peace sign in mosaic mirror glass.  It's like a mash-up of 60's and 70's - love it.  So me.
A new "ornament" - one I will treasure for years. 
Pinecones. 
The kids' tree!  Pretty soon, my kids will all be adults.  
The creepy Mr. and Mrs. Claus that we never plug in...
in a clean and cozy kitchen, with the best decoration of all:
A full crock pot, and a pan of Cranberry Oatmeal bars.
I'm not 100% done shopping, but I will be ready to share the joy of the season with my family!


No comments: